Maybe it is because I just had a baby and I am super aware of my weight, but recently my boss has been saying that a new hire is "so petite, so tiny, so little" and for some reason, I am very sensitive to him saying that.
He even mentioned how they were going to have to change things around in the office to accommodate the new hire better because, "she is so tiny."
Now, she isn't a midget. She's regular sized. And, yes, I would say she is thin Smaller than for me sure.
But why keep saying it?
You don't always have to mention someone's weight.
"Well you know, she is so little."
So annoying.
Maybe it is bothering me because my boss keeps pointing out weight issues with me.
I am active in a feeding the hungry ministry and he mentioned how people go into ministries that they are most comfortable with, ie, me fat, equals me in a food ministry.
And he often comments about how he can hear me walking down the hall in my heels - my guess is because I clunk down on the heel point because I am oh-so-fat and disgusting.
He also mentioned once how when he purchased a used vehicle, how he liked that the seats weren't worn out because the previous owner was petite and the seat cushions were saved from the weight of a big ass (okay, that last part I added).
I am being over sensitive, I do so admit.
But it would be nice if it felt like he valued someone's character over their weight instead.