The first Christmas that my husband and I spent together was several years ago.
Now, he bought me a Wii, a Wii fit board, a Goofy stuffed animal, and some other small things. He also took me to Disneyland.
I bought him socks.
But, the reason I bought him socks was because he was soooo out of socks and even started stealing mine to wear. And, I think he has forgotten this, but I also paid for our trip to Vegas just a few weeks before Christmas.
He has held my sock giving over my head ever since.
This year for my birthday, he gave me a door mat.
That's it.
And, yes, I did want a new door mat. He didn't do it to symbolize that he thought I was a door mat, or anything like that, I did ask for it.
But still. Just a door mat? Not even a card?
SO for his birthday on Wednesday I pulled a first Christmas on him. I got him a new PS3, a PS3 game, and three new t-shirts...in response to his door mat.
I hope this makes it even now!
I am so sick of hearing him tell that sock story.