My brother's wedding was last weekend.
I spent months trying to find the perfect dress for me to wear that would match the color scheme, be fancy, and accommodate nursing my son.
I thought I found the dress for me, but when it came and I tried it on, I found that it was not the dress for me, and I had to return it.
The search continued and I found another one that wasn't as good as the first, but good enough, and unfortunately, it was a little over budget. But, I got it anyway because time was running out.
I was so looking forward to my brother's wedding. Was excited to meet his new family.
Come the day of the wedding, I spent time getting ready for it, probably more time than normal. Put my baby in the cutest tuxedo onesie that I bought months before just for this event. Again, spending more than I should have on the outfit.
As soon as we sit down in the church before the ceremony, baby starts to cry and his dad takes him out the remainder of the ceremony. No one gets to see him in his cute little tuxedo.
When the ceremony is over, we go right into picture taking and our side of the family is up first. I take baby from my husband and hold him against my chest. And then it happened.
The largest diaper blow-out we have ever experienced.
Not only was it coming up out of his collar from his neck, it was also seeping through all of his clothes, right onto my dress, which was off-white on top.
I had no choice but to change not only baby, but also myself.
We didn't have back-up wedding clothes. So baby got put into a super casual white onesie with plaid shorts and I put on a black, casual, dress that I had worn the day before.
And we spent the rest of the wedding in that.
My entire day was ruined.
I spent months trying to pick out the cutest outfits for us. Spending way more than I should have on both outfits. And for what?
I was so upset.
So embarrassed.
So frustrated.
I couldn't even enjoy the rest of the night.
Everyone else was in their elegant dresses and here I was in day old clothes.
That is not how I wish to remember my brother's wedding. And I really try to find the laughter in most things, but not this. This totally ruined my day.
Actually, it ruined a couple of days - I am obviously still upset about it.
I really hope that one day I can laugh about this...or hold it over my baby's head, "Remember when you blew out your diaper and made mommy so mad at your uncle's wedding?" - saying that right in front of his date.
But for right now, it is still pretty crappy!