Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tebow Fever

I used to never watch sports. I grew up in a household that never watched sports, so hey, I didn't either.


But when I got married, that all changed. And, I guess you can say for the better. 


My husband loves the Florida Gator football team. And so when we got married, I started watching gator games with him and fell in love (football love, calm down) with the gator quarterback Tim Tebow. He was handsome. He was charming. And best yet, he was a great man of God. 


He would write scriptures on his cheeks for the games and we would often look up the scriptures later to see what they were. 


When he graduated from UF, he was drafted to the Denver Broncos. Didn't really matter to me, as I wasn't a really big NFL fan yet. So, Broncos it is. Go Broncos!


We followed his seasons with the Broncos very closely and our Tebow faith was strong.


Now in the off season, we learn that Peyton Manning, a great quarterback with many Super Bowl rings to prove it, was signed by the Broncos for the 2012 season. Leaving Tebow in the dark.


So where would Tebow go?


Well, it hasn't been an easy NFL ride at my house, as we were not thrilled with the trade of Manning, but today I see that my man Tebow was traded to the New York Jets, as the second string quarterback, but with hopes of becoming first. 


Oh brother. 


I just hope that Tebow remains in the spotlight. Some people really don't like him as an athlete, but he does amazing things for the kingdom of God. And he uses his spotlight to glorify Him.


So, I guess all I can say is, Go Jets!