Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Too Old for That!

While cleaning out the garage this past week, my mother-in-law found some old clothes that she used to wear. So she dug them out and started to wash them to be able to wear them again.

Last Friday, she asked if I would take her to visit her friends and they were going to go to Denny's. 

Well, as it was time to leave, she comes out of our guest room in a see-through shirt and skin tight leggings. I mean, she is not the thinnest person. I bet she wears of size 14 or 16. And in fact, I know for sure that the shirt she was wearing was an XL. And she is not the youngest person either, as she is in his mid-fifties. 

It was bad. You could see her gut peeking through the shirt, her fat rolls, her belly button, her black bra, her boobs that poured out over the bra. And her leggings that sucked into her thighs and hugged her booty. Ew. 

In short - That outfit was not meant for her. 

But I was not about to tell her that!

So when my husband got home from work, I told him to look at his mom's outfit when she got home. 

And about thirty minutes later, he did just that. 

And to my enjoyment, my husband went off on her. Saying everything I wanted to say but didn't have the guts to.

And to my surprise, she wasn't embarrassed, or didn't say something like, "Oh I didn't know you could see through it like that." 

No! Nothing! 

All she said was that she looked good.

But then my husband pulled out the big guns. And said. 

"Mom, would you really wear that outfit to pick up your five year old granddaughter from school?" 

That did it. 

She stopped defending her outfit. Which I am guessing she knew was ridiculous to begin with, but always enjoys a good argument.