Monday, February 25, 2013
Motherhood's Diaper
I have been a mom now for two months and ten days. And somehow, it feels like I have been a mommy my entire life.
Yes, I was that little girl that carted around her Cabbage Patch Kid everywhere she went in that tiny, Made from China, plastic stroller.
Yes, I was that little girl who dressed up her Guinea Pigs in doll dresses and made them sit for afternoon tea with Teddy Grams for dessert.
Yes, I was that little girl who started babysitting way too early in life, because I loved kids and wanted to be a mom someday.
Eventhough I have been a "real" mom for shorter time than most anything else I have done in my life, it doesn't feel that way.
And for that, I am grateful.
Last night, the baby had a blow-out in his diaper while daddy was holding him. And instead of daddy taking care of the problem himself, what did he do? Yup. He passed the baby to me. And, yes, the blow-out was so bad, a bath was needed instead of a quick swipe of a wipe.
As I was bathing my poor dirty baby, a totally unscheduled bathing to add, my husband comes into the bathroom and says, "Honey, you are so good at that."
And I got to thinking.
You know, he's right, I am so good at cleaning up crap.
It's comes so natural to me.