Monday, February 25, 2013

Ah, Women

I am sure all of the men have perked up their ears from the title of this rant.

But, first, let me say, I am a woman. Proud owner of every womanly body part there is. 

Now let me say, I don't understand women.

(And the men say, "AMEN SISTER!")

Sure, it is not fair for me to generalize EVERY woman into this proclamation. But, for ranting sake, it will remain. 

From reading my other blog posts, you already know that I consider myself a "potato" heart. I am not overly emotional. I lead with my brain in most cases, not my heart. My husband was the one to cry at the birth of our child for Heaven's Sake, as I laid there not looking at the precious face of my newborn, but instead looking at the doctor asking when I could get up and leave. 

I don't understand emotional women. 

It is said that when you lead with your emotions, you are leading with false hope. And I almost totally agree with that. You should lead with truth and reason. 

I don't understand women who cause drama.

It is said that when you cause drama you cause it to either bring more positive attention to yourself, or to bring more negative attention to the person you are gossiping about.

I don't understand women who are selfish.

To me, yes, I am generalizing again, women are nurturers, women are partners, women are caring. And I don't get the women who are self-seeking, self-serving. God didn't create Eve to open an apple business. Think that about. 

I don't understand women who control the men in their lives. 

I know so many women who literally and figuratively wear the pants in their relationships. And truthfully, we are taught to share the pant wearing. But why do so many men have little to no say in their relationships? Why even have a partner if all we are going to do is control them?

I don't understand women who are "busy."

Ugh. I really don't like that word. It is so unapproachable. It leaves no room for feedback, no room for a relationship to grow. "How are you?" Answer: "Busy." Well, then, guess you are too busy for me! (And, for God if you think about it.)

I could go on and on. But as a member of the womanhood movement, I am embarrassed by my follow members. We all should do more to improve our movement of sisterhood.