Wednesday, January 4, 2012

When Pigs Fly

I recently have been introduced to a beautiful family from Mexico, fresh from Mexico, like three-month old Americans.

They are so sweet, and so kind, and have such great manners.

They ask for nothing and are embarrassed when you even offer to pass them the salt at a community dinner table.

This is the time that I wish I were a millionaire. I could buy them a house. Give them money for food. Pay for the children's college. I would go out of my way to ensure that they were not only safe, but were very happy too.

I am glad that God has put this family in my life.

I recently have been introduced to a woman who has recently moved into town from Trona.

She is not so sweet, not so kind, and doesn't have such great manners.

She asks for everything, and when she gets it, she asks for even more.

This is the time that I wish I were a millionaire. I would buy myself a bigger house. I would eat lobster every night. I would get a PHD and pay for it with cash. I would go out of my way to ensure that I used my money for only myself.

But, I am still glad that God has put this woman in my life.

Because I know that God loves her just the same as he loves me, and that sweet Mexican family. And I need to continue to work on myself so that I too love her, and wish to use my gain for her gain, just like the family who I feel "deserves" it.