A few months ago we opened our doors to an extended family member to live in our guest bedroom until she was able to get back on her feet financially.
I was happy to do this, and seeing that this person belongs on my husband's side of the family, I thought I would also get some kuddos points seeing that they aren't that fond of me in the first place.
So in moves our house guest. Room and board free.
A week into her stay and things are going well. Well. I thought. You see, at the time, my husband and I decided to not have cable in our household. True. We had three tv sets. But none were hooked up.
You see, we thought that if we had enough time to watch TV that we had enough time to go for a walk, or clean the backyard, or something more productive than, well, tv.
But. This theory didn't sit well with our guest. And before I knew it, a DirecTV van was parked outside my house and holes were being drilled into my walls for cable lines.
Ugh.
I knew what this meant!
My obsession with tv was going to rear its ugly face and my good theory of no tv was going to fly right out those drilled holes.
And, I was right!
Who was I kidding?! I lOvE TV. If I wasn't already married, I might consider marrying it.
And not only did we get cable. But we also got DVR, which made me even more obsessed since I could record and watch later.
Oh, this is bad!
The last few weeks I have been trying out some new shows because the ones I have been watching have come to an end. Some of the ones I am trying out are Chopped All-Stars on FoodNetwork, Army Wives on LifeTime, and Wipeout on ABC. Wipeout is hilarious. It is a "game" show and actually I just signed-up my husband for the next wave of casting calls in the next few weeks (hey, the way I see it, if he wins the $50,000 prize, I can lay off his back a little about the job hunt).
Anyway, after Army Wives last night was a new show called, Coming Home. It's a reality show that captures the arrival of deployed military personnel returning back safely to their loved ones.
And I came a part.
This is such a touching show and really puts the heart of all military families in the spot light.
I think I even caught my husband with a tear on his cheek by the end.
Praise God for our military troops, and praise God especially for their families back here at home.
And I truly mean that. If you know of a military family, please find it in your heart to reach out to them and let them know that you care.
If only this show was able to bring all the troops back home and broadcast those reunions.
Now, then, I would truly fall a part.