Something has been bothering me for a while now and I think I just need to exercise my God-given blogging right and blog it out!
I understand that more and more people these days refer to the internet for social networking, fast communication, and so on. But this is just getting ridiculous!
I seem to find myself in the middle of arguments between friends. And I don't know why, but all of these arguments are occuring online!
I was forwarded an email that says, "Can you believe this girl!?" and it's a nasty email from someone regarding, what I think to be, a very simple issue.
And this happens so many times!
Finally I asked one person to instead of typing their anger to actually go old-school and speak their anger in person.
No such luck.
I mean, yes, I am a sucker for written communication. If my husband and I are in a huge disagreement, I write out my complaints, use specific examples, insert crafty language, hint of threats to come, hand it to him, and run away.
Not a fair fight if you know my husband. The only thing he seems to write down are his work hours.
But, nonetheless, I come out the winner! At least I like to think so.
But, I think that fighting with a spouse is far more different than fighting with a friend.
We shouldn't misuse our technology by implementing hurt. So often the language in an email can be misunderstood and taken completely wrong, whereas it would not be that way talking in person. And it is so much easier getting all worked up when facing a computer screen than actually facing the person.
Friendships don't just happen.
And in most cases they don't start online. So why end them online?
We should all take a stand against arguing online. Let's commit to fight fair ladies. And that starts with taking our fingers off the key board.