Monday, February 13, 2012

Opposition

I posted a few weeks ago that I am reading the devotional Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. This devotional is very different because it is written as if Jesus is speaking right to you, and you read it as a dairy written just for you.


I have given several copies of the book out to my church friends and they too are experiencing this wonderful new style of devotion and have position feedback. 


I have always found it funny how devotions can say the right things on just the right days. And today was no exception. 


Over the past few days I have been in what feels like opposition with some high ranking authority of the church. I pray about this often, but do not seem to find much resolve. (I always find it difficult to be in opposition with people of faith, it just doesn't seem right, and both parties seem to be on the side of the Lord, but then, who truly is?)


Today's devotion in Jesus Calling 


Do not give into fear or worry, those robbers of abundant living. Trust me enough to face problems as they come, rather than trying to anticipate them. Fix your eyes on me, the author and perfecter of your faith, and many difficulties on the road ahead will vanish before you reach them. Nothing can separate you from my presence. (page 47)