Monday, May 16, 2011

Praise God

Mondays are always hard days to get going and off to work.

And this is now getting into two and a half months of my husband being unemployed. After applying for over 67 jobs, in three different cities, he still doesn't have a new job. And it has been weeks since he was asked for a follow up interview.

It amazes me how applying for jobs has changed over the years. 100% of my husband's applications have been online. And probably 80% of those, you have no way to follow up with someone at HR regarding your application.

The only way you know that your application has gone through is because you get those "DO NOT REPLY" emails, thanking him for his application and if his qualifications are high, they will contact him for further information.

What crap, huh?

I would even go so far to say that most of those "jobs" that he has been applying for, aren't even real jobs. And what I mean by that, is HR probably isn't really looking for someone to fill that position listed.

It can't be.

My husband was more than qualified for all of the jobs that he applied for, and almost got no calls back.

That's just impossible.

I think that it is some kind of conspiracy acting as if these companies (all big names, too) are really trying to engage the economic situation by hiring employees - but aren't really...

Anyway, back to this morning,

Last week we applied for six new jobs. Five in another state. And one here in our own town.

I was firing up the internet to check his email for any news on these new six applications, and without thinking, without even knowing I was really doing it actually, I said aloud,

"Please God, let there be something."

I logged into his email, and through the mess of DO NOT REPLYs, I saw an email for a request for a follow-up interview.

And, wouldn't you know it, it was for the one job in our town. 

Oh, how amazing. Praise be God!

There really was something!

And, yes, I know that this is just a follow up interview, not an actual job proposal, yet. 

But at this point, I will take anything. It has been weeks. 

Thank you God for letting there be something, just one thing, for us to hold onto hope for. 

You came through for us, yet again.