Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Wait Is Over

I know you all have been holding your breath regarding the outcome of the last two posts.

Well, wait no longer my friends!

First, let me start from the end of the last post....

So, I was getting ready to drive home to implement my 10 better love stategies and when I got home I noticed that there were still lots of cars outside.

I walk in to find all of my husband's family still all there, in the front room, all looking at me - and at first I felt stupid. A total retard. 

Why you ask?

Well, here I was, with a bag of wings, a homemade card, a list of my faults, and a present. At first his mother thought the present was for her. And she even asked me why I didn't bring enough food for everyone else.

UGH

From that point on, I decided to stay on track.

I handed my husband all the crap - all at once. I said the stupid line about being well rested and thanked him for feeing the dogs and I said the line about wanting to talk later over my shoulder as I ran out the front door.

All in all the experience lasted about three minutes.

Sounded good at the time, but looking back, I probably should have just stayed a wee bit longer to explain what I was doing.

After work I texted him to ask if his family was still at home because I really wanted to talk with him in private. He texted back. No such luck.

We ended up meeting at a park near by.

To make a long story short, we worked it all out. And now a running joke between us is, "You look well rested."  Whatever, I thought it was a good compliment!

So, I don't know if those 10 steps to better prove your love actually worked or not.

But it helped me to remember that no matter how mad I get at him, we can always find a way to work it out.

It's a good thing I am so in love with him!